Monday, March 5, 2007

What a weekend!

Well, I didn't win the Mega Millions on Friday, but neither did anyone else. I think the jackpot is up to around 275 million. But despite my surprising loss, I still had a great weekend in Stow.

Friday---

Friday after work I drove to Stow to see my friend Aaron. Aaron had received a call that our friend Tracy was back in town from AZ and she wanted to get together and visit with another friend, Lucy, who happened to be working in a bar in North Ridgeville (Petey's) that night.

After I got to Aaron's place he informed me that we had to pick up one of his co-workers from the airport on the way. We drove for about 20-30 minutes before we arrived at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. We found a hiding spot (the cops were looking for people waiting for arrivals) beside the Sheraton hotel and waited until we recieved a call. About 5 minutes later the phone was ringing and our cargo was ready for pickup. We made a pass through the pickup terminal and did not see our man. Another quick phone call and we find that our guy will be waiting outside of terminal 7 so we have to make another pass around. We took the inside lane of the termial this time so we could go slower. A couple cars in front of us, there was a person who stopped and was blocking both lanes of traffic, causing me to stop right on the crosswalk. The cop/guard that was there directing traffic approached me and had me roll down my window. He yelled at me for stopping in the crosswalk...totally oblivious to the fact that the reason I was stopped was because some goober was blocking multiple lanes a few cars up. It didn't look like we were going to be moving for a bit so Aaron leaned out the window and yelled for Chris (our guy) to come hop in really quickly. Chris got in the car and we made a quick exit from the airport.

This is already shaping up to be a fun weekend.

We were now ready to head to North Ridgeville, which happened to be where Chris graduated high school. After some quick directions from him, we found the bar pretty easily. Lucy was there looking cute behind the bar in her tall socks and long piggy tails. It was now around 8:30 and I hadn't eaten since noon, so I was getting something to eat for sure. I ordered a turkey club (minus tomato of course) and some onion rings. Aaron got a small pizza with peperoni and PICKLES?!? Chris decided that he had a long trip and that he'd just settle for barley soup. A short while later Tracy showed up. We stayed until around 1:30 or so and I think everyone had a great time except when Aaron was showing everyone his dong (The official currency of Viet-Nam. Safe Link, I assure you!). I'm glad we got the chance to meet up and have some fun.

Saturday---

On Saturday we were feeling kinda lazy. Aaron decided he was hungry. I really wasn't but I figured I had to eat sometime. We decided to go to the Wing Warehouse in Stow. It appears to be a fairly new place. I ordered up a burger and fries(good food) and we got a PlayMaker for the NTN Network trivia game. We logged in as "Yoink", his local login, which is the same login we have used for B-Dubs in Ashland for many years now. We were doing pretty well. I think in all, we got on the most recent high scores like 5 times in that sitting. At one point a young man possibly in his early teens approached me and asked, "Are you Yoink"? He then introduced himself as a fellow player with the screen name "Auburn." He did pretty well for a young guy...I suspect his parents may have helped him a little on some of the questions about decades that were definately not a part of his life.

It was nice watching Ohio State basketball beat the team from up north on the big screen!!!

As we were waiting for our waitress to settle our checks, Aaron's friend Lori called. She said that she and Erica (spelling? forgive me..) would be coming out to meet us after their exhausting shopping extravaganza (Lori didn't buy anything, Erica got some shoes). After the ladies showed up, It was apparent to them that they just HAD to have a PlayMaker of their own. The next game that we played was pertaining to Hockey Trivia. Do you believe those little snots kicked the crap out of us? They were definately on fire with their guesses. They ended up winning the round and making a spot on the recent winners list themselves. They beat the guys at a sports trivia game, how embarrassing!

Another phone call came in. Two more people would be joining us. This time it was a married couple, Eric and Angela. We decided to play some Cornhole until they arrived. You would not believe how freakishly good Erica was at that game. She was bombing two or three bean bags in the hole every round. Amazing.

It wasn't too much longer before the couple got there. We hung out for a while and Angela told us about her idea to have a Mexican themed party. The girls can wear salsa dresses and the guys get weird mustaches? It sounds like a hoot though. We hung out for a while longer and eventually finished with a nightcap over at Erica's place which is nearly right on the Kent State campus.

Sunday---

Sunday was a lazy day. I lounged around, watched some movies, and then after the sunday lineup on Fox, I made the trek back home. All in all, I had a great weekend, got to see a lot of friends, and got to meet some new ones.

3 comments:

KevinL said...

Aaron's dong doesn't work right. Can you fix it?

Zorlod said...

LoL, Okay I fixed it.

KevinL said...

Thanks.

I'm sure you could tell just by hovering over the dong that it wasn't going to do what those things usually do.